The baby face may have fooled you but I actually turned 32 years old today! So to celebrate my birthday, I thought I’d share some of the intentions I’ve set for myself based on who I am and who I am becoming.
As many of you know, I am diagnosed with some severe mental illnesses. I didn’t expect to survive this long; I fully intended to end my own life.
But with recovery, those intentions have changed dramatically. The difference is night and day. I share these intentions with you to give you hope that if your intentions have been to end your life because of your suffering, things can change. Life can be worth living again.
While I am 32 years old, I intend to:
- Be authentically myself, with no apologies
- Stand up for what I believe in
- Speak kind words to myself
- Complain about absolutely nothing
- Take more time off for fun and games
- Be patient with myself when I’m struggling
- Smile more, worry less
- Strengthen relationships with genuine people
- End relationships that threaten my peace
- Appreciate what I have more than what I don’t
- Practice gratitude on a daily basis
- Feed my body and my soul
- Be mindful of others and of myself
- Stop making excuses for keeping old habits
- Dedicate the time and effort needed to make new habits
- Challenge myself with new lessons
- Forgive myself for the past
- Love myself for who I am today
- Be gentle to my body
- Dance like nobody’s watching
- Sing like no one is listening
- Carry myself with confidence
- Take ownership for my actions
- Keep the bigger picture in mind
- Strengthen my boundaries and protect my well-being
- Spend more time outside in my bare feet
- Live out my inner truth
- Celebrate and contribute to the success of others
- Say no with strength and conviction
- Make no excuses for meeting my needs
- Prioritize those who truly value me
- Continue my growth with grace
No matter your age, no matter your struggles, it is NEVER too late to make new intentions for yourself and your future.
Send us a contact form to learn more about how you can apply intentions like these to your life!